Google+

Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016

February's C'est Magnifique Progressive Pages

Hello, C'est Magnifique Friends!  Welcome to the C'est Magnifique's Progressive Pages !  This challenge will accommodate all levels of scrappers from the beginners/clean scrappers to all you mixed media artists! Greetings and welcome back!   Kathleen here with a fun layout using this month's Enchanted Gardens Kit.
 
 
Most scrappers will have a few paper punches laying around and this layout gives you the opportunity to put  them in use.  This is a doily lace punch and I opted not to tear off the top strip.
I randomly used the punch on all four sides then glued strips of the green print paper behind them.
Next I cut off the tail end of my arrows. with the arrow heads facing opposing directions I adhered them 2" from the top and bottom.
My picture is matted with three different patterned papers using different punches randomly to offer more texture and movement and set it on the lower arrow.


Next I selected a variety of objects from the "Recall" and "Timeless" papers and cut them out.  I then created a montage using these cutouts on the top arrow and a couple of items for the bottom arrow and slipped in a sticker or two. 
 



 
 
The Enchanted Gardens kit come with this gorgeous beaded ribbon which I placed on top of my montage.
Next using the C'est Magnifique Pink Bubble paint found in last months mix media kit I high lighted the areas around the arrows.  Next I stamped around those areas with a chicken wire stamp followed by a leafy vine stamp. 
I completed my layout by creating a floral arrangement with the lush green leaves, miniature flowers and butterfly. 
 
(Main kit only)
 
stash item: paints and punches
 

A Couple of close ups.
 




I hope this has inspired you to let your own creativity take flight.  I can't wait to see your creation.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the C'est Magnifique store!
 
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment