Google+

Friday, June 26, 2015

Olga's Mixed Media Layout Tutorial with the July Kit

Hello everyone! Olga here today. I want to share how to make this mixed media layout with the July Kit. Paper from Tim Holtz just made for such fun work!


I choose a piece of paper for the page and painted it with white gesso in the places where there will be all the decorations. Then I placed the embellishments and picture onto the page, but did not stick, simply defined their place.


I applied texture gel over a stencil onto the dry gesso. Then, I choose a few red colors of spray for a bright background.




Then I added stamping with archival black ink and a bit of Scotch paper tape to the background.




Now I pasted all my embellishments and stickers down. I added the alphabet from the Moxxie Cork Alpha Cardstock Sticker Sheet.



In some places, I put ink for embossing, generously sprinkled copper embossing powder over the ink, shook off the excess with a broad brush, and heat set.



The final part of the work - splatters of mist and I used Glossy Accents to attach sequins.




Thank you for your attention! I hope you find this tutorial inspirational! If you are interested in the July Kit or Add-Ons a limited amount of kits are available for purchase from the C'est Magnifique Store while supplies last!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning work Olga! Thanks so much for the tutorial! :D

    ReplyDelete