Google+

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Guest Designer Rhonda Van Ginkel

Greetings to you!  It's Rhonda Van Ginkel here again to host the blog for you today as a Guest Designer featuring projects created from the oh so beautiful June Kit.


My first project is a page that I created that features the sentiment from the pretty Blue Fern Studios "Déjà Vu" paper, Petites Cartes. I also used the Blue Fern Studios Déjà Vu Dangles chipboard here,  touching it lightly with sage green ink. To anchor it at the top I used the KaiserCraft Pearl Brad included in the kit.


I used some of the Prima acetate packaging as part of my design as well as the pretty Frost Gypsy Rose in yellow and grey. The grey flower, I pulled the outer leaves off to use a smaller bud for the design.


The larger daisy and smaller scrunched rose are cut using some dies in my stash along with the leaves, flourishes, bird on a branch, scalloped cove rectangle, notebook paper layer and banner. Other florals are fussy cut from the paper.


My next project is a card that I tried to create with a masculine appeal to it with several fussy cut elements from the papers. Even though it has a bit of floral elements, it felt masculine to me with the bird envelope. This card uses the Prima packaging as a background layer over the top of the pattern paper.


The transition line for the acetate is disguised by the lacy border die cut, then the other elements are collaged under the sentiment block. The sentiment is from a set by My Favorite Things.

Non-kit items used here include: Stickles, Enamel Dots, Prima Say It In Crystals Center and Dies.


For my final project, I went with a vintage romantic theme and again cut out some of my favorite elements from the papers. I created a tent fold card base from Kraft card stock, then rounded the corners on the top.  After layering my first two layers on top, I stitched around the card.


I added the smaller scalloped rectangle die cut behind the lacy rectangle die cut, and then layered the sentiment on top after cutting it from a smaller scalloped rectangular die to keep the soft and round elements continuing. 

I used a scalloped lacy trim across the bottom and finished it with my purple ribbon that I softened with a bit of gesso. Next, I cut the floral cluster out, then lady on the swing out and arranged them around the design, adhering with foam squares. The final step was to add the grey Prima Frost Gypsy Rose to the design and ink it lightly with lavender distress ink.

I hope that you've enjoyed my projects today as much as I enjoyed creating them!  Thank you so much to C'est Magnifique Kit Club for inviting me to Guest Design for you, it was so much fun!!!

Be sure to check out the June Kits here!



2 comments:

  1. Stunning work Rhonda! It was so great to have you with us this month! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuaaauuu....Adorava fazer parte do vosso clube mas é complicado por causa da distância :(

    ReplyDelete