Google+

Monday, February 2, 2015

More February Kit Projects + a Video with Guest Designer Riikka Kovasin

Hello and good day! It's Riikka here to share my final pieces as a guest to C'est Magnifique! I am thankful for this opportunity to share my work and hope I have inspired you with my projects!


Today I'm sharing two layouts, one with a start to finish styled video and the other one without. This first page is about "stuff with stories." The topic has to do to my grandfather who just moved to a smaller flat and needed to go through a lot of his belongings while doing so. I realized how much memories and info certain pieces include. Well, that should be obvious and I have several such pieces at home, but the move really was an eye opener. It's wonderful how the items can be little visual memories, little clues taking us back years to a certain event or feeling.


I started the page by adhering two pieces of patterned paper to the background and then applied modeling paste over the bigger seam though the stencil in the kit. Then I layered some of the patterned papers, included the photo and pieces of the overlays. The chipboard got covered with the metallic rubs and then I doodled some designs on it. Lastly, I added the other embellishments such as the resin bird.


The supplies from my own stash include paper roses, sticker alphas, black felt pen and modeling paste.



The second page is about my older daughter and I used the bee stamps from the kit to get a pun in there. I started by adding some white gesso to the background and then created a subtle pattern on top using the stencil and metallic rubs from the kit. Underneath is a video to show you how I created the page.


I mostly used the materials from the kit, including one of the packaging backings, but added something from my own stash as well. Those items include white gesso, sticker alphas, pencil and seam binding.




Thank you so much for visiting and thank you once again for this opportunity to play with the C'est Magnifique kits! I hope to see you around! Have an inspiring, crafty 2015!

2 comments:

  1. I love these layouts Riikka! Thanks for another awesome video tutorial! I'll miss seeing your work with the kits every month. Thanks for all the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete