Google+

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Peek @ The New April Kit by Kim Price

I'm really excited today to be sharing a peak at what I have been doing with the brand new April C'est Magnifique kits. I thought I would start by sharing a layout I created in a vintage style with a more modern twist, simply titled "dad".

I started out with a 12x12 plain chipboard base coated in gesso, adding color and texture with the mist which comes in this month's Magnifique Mixed Media kit. I've then added some luscious layers of patterned paper and embellishments available in the main kit and embellishment add-on.



I've used the main kit, flower add-on, embellishment add-on and the Magnifique Mixed Media kit on the layout. 
From my own stash: 12x12 chipboard, gesso


Here is a closer look at some of the detail - I've added a gorgeous touch of gold to the chipboard flourish, mantle resin  and around the edges of my layout which really adds so much to the vintage feel. 








A closer look at the paper layers and background work. I've also painted my chipboard letters with the same mist as used in my background to further add to the watercolor effect I was going for. I love the hint of purple showing through.








For my second layout I went for a softer, more romantic feel using the aqua/green shades in the kit along with a treasured baby photo of myself. Those butterfly resins really add so much to the finished look.




I've used the main kit, embellishment add-on and Magnifique Mixed Media kits to create this layout. 
From my own stash: heavy white cardstock, gesso, embossing medium



I've painted my wooden borders with gesso and layered them behind my design to create subtle texture that doesn't overpower. And, oh my, those flowers are so beautiful.






Sometimes I like to include less obvious elements such as the packaging I've tucked in behind my paper layers. I loved the design and color so why not use it? It works perfectly with this color way. 

I've also used the stencil from the Magnifique Mixed Media kit both in a traditional way and then as a stamp - both times with the pale blue embossing enamel which also comes in this kit just for a little extra color and texture.









Thanks for dropping by - hope you enjoyed my little preview! Lots more inspiration coming up over the coming weeks.




4 comments:

  1. Kim these projects are amazing. The background on the "Dad" LO is sensational with the Gesso and the mists and all the resist! and that gold.. WOW..... so striking and then you switch so perfectly to the subtle aqua/green colours on the second project ...... so pretty. Always inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing the flourish frame I created in action! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Amazingly Gorgeous!! I LOVE your style!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete